Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Valentines 2.0

When my kids were done munching down their box of Valentines chocolates from Grandma, I looked at this box and instead of throwing it in the garbage I thought 'I can make something with that!'
 
 
And here is the fun little décor piece I came up with using the sweet Be Loved collection from Fancy Pants Designs.

 
The top of the box was perfect for a mini shadow box.

 
I started by tracing the bottom of the box onto the back of my piece of 6x6 paper. I traced the bottom even though I was going to decorate the top because I knew that way the paper would fit in perfectly.

 
Then I decorated it with paper and embellishments from the collection. It was fun to use some of the really bulky embellishments since I didn't have to worry about it going in an album.
 
Here are some close-ups of the details...



 
Thanks for stopping by,
I love to read your kind comments.
 
~Becky

1 comment:

  1. That heart shadow box is really sweet! I always think I am going to do something like this--and have a lot of saved containers "just in case"--but have not as yet carried through. Love yours! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete