Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

Road Trip Selfie: Step by Step

Hello friends!

Today I'd like to show you the steps to how I put my Road Trip Selfie layout together using the August Creative Kit from My Creative Scrapbook


I started off with a base of Kraft cardstock and then layered the diagonal rainbow stripe, the wood grain, the clouds and the pink scalloped papers. I made sure to use a piece of the woodgrain paper that had a diagonal that was the opposite of the diagonal on the rainbow stripe.


 On top of that I placed a mat of the red heart paper and tucked one of the clear frames just under the right side. I adhered the clear frame with adhesives under where the yellow frame is so that you can't see it.


 Next I stuck my photo down and attached another fun clear overlay on top of it to get the cute dots down the right side of the photo. I used small glue dots underneath some of the colored dots on the clear overlay so that it would stay stuck over the photo but you wouldn't see the glue.


 Here's a close up of that...can you see where I glued it on?


Next I layered the word 'selfie' using letter stickers from the kit on top of the peach hashtag diecut and attached it so it overlaped the photo and the yellow frame. I layered the I {heart} summer sticker next and then cut a three blue hearts from the rainbow heart border sticker and layered it over the other items.


 The 'ROAD TRIP' diecut and the awesome bus diecut went on next. I don't know how well you can read it in the photo but the bus says 'road trip' on the door. I attached the bus so that it covered up the word summer on the I {heart} summer sticker because I wanted to add another layer there...you'll see that in a minute.


 Below the bus I fussy cut the banner from a piece of patterned paper and tucked it under the wheels of the bus. I also fussy cut out the other road trip sign from a piece of patterned paper and tucked that under as well.


 As an after thought I realized that I needed a little something more at the top of my cluster of embellishments and so I cut the windmill sticker out and attached it so it was sticking out from the road trip sign. I put some baby powder on the points of windmill so that they would not stick to the page and bent them up to give it a little dimension rather than being a flat sticker.

And remember how I covered up the word 'summer' before? Well I replaced it with another word summer that I fussy cut from the chalkboard paper.


 To anchor the page and create some balance I added another little cluster of embellishments to the bottom left corner of my photo. I used the camera diecut, layered on top of a circle I punched out of the woodgrain paper. I then layered some more of the rainbow heart border sticker with the word #summertime that I fussy cut out of the chalkboard paper, and finally a little word sticker.


So there you have it...my completed layout. I added a little journaling below the pink scalloped paper and it is complete!


I hope you enjoyed watching how I put this layout together. I'd love to see what you create with your Creative Kit this month! Make sure to share your projects on our FB page.

No comments:

Post a Comment